[SciPy-dev] compilation with fort77

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Jan 25 19:04:11 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Thomas Tanner <tanner@gmx.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately, no. that's nearly impossible.
> I have to rely on a device specific gcc toolchain for which I don't
> have access to the sources or configuration.

Maybe I misunderstand your configuration, but that sounds like it
would violate the gcc license as it is. Compiling your own toolchain
is not that difficult.

I thought maemo was based on Debian ? Debian has a gfortran compiler
for both X86 and ARMEL, which are the archs supported by maemo, right
?

> I guess fixing this one function should be much less effort.

the problem is not so much fixing this function as much as scipy to
only depend on F77 code. Although much of the fortran legacy is in
F77, a lot of more recent libraries use F90 or F95.

cheers,

David