[SciPy-dev] bug in signal.lsim2

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Thu Jan 28 14:38:02 CST 2010

I believe I have discovered a bug in signal.lsim2.  I believe the
short attached script illustrates the problem.  I was trying to
predict the response of a transfer function with a pure integrator:

          s(s+p)

to a finite width pulse.  lsim2 seems to handle the step response just
fine, but says that the pulse response is exactly 0.0 for the entire
time of the simulation.  Obviously, this isn't the right answer.

I am running scipy 0.7.0 and numpy 1.2.1 on Ubuntu 9.04, but I also
have the same problem on Windows running 0.7.1 and 1.4.0.

Thanks,

Ryan