[SciPy-Dev] SciPy docs: volunteers needed now!

Benjamin Root ben.root@ou....
Sat Jul 3 11:48:47 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Why does the second person have greater authority to override the
>> original author?
>> Why should I have to go back and check that the later revisions are
>> correct?
>>
>> If the first author brings a docstring to "needs review" status there's no
> need for a second author to work on it. If it's still in "being written", it
> wasn't finished in the first place. And later edits possibly overwriting
> earlier ones is just the nature of wikis.

True, except that in normal wikis, I can set a watch that would notify me of
changes to a particular page.  This is not the case with our documentation
editor.

Ben