[SciPy-Dev] SciPy docs: volunteers needed now!

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Jul 6 08:55:10 CDT 2010

Hi,

> Actually, all you have to do (have used in both senses of the word, i.e.,
> are "required" to do and all that is necessary to do) is click on the log
> link when viewing a docstring in the Wiki, note the person who worked on it
> last, how long ago that was, and then as Ben says, if it was in the last
> three months, give or take, contact them and ask them if it would be ok if
> you worked on it.

Sorry to come back late to this thread.

I realize I may not know enough to say something sensible here - but
it is possible to summarize that one major barrier to people just
starting is that is can be hard to know where to start and whether
you've missed some extra guidelines?

I enjoyed the doc sprints in the past.

I wonder whether it would be a good idea to - say - every week
identify this week's top starter docstrings - docstrings that we're
expecting anyone could edit.     Then have maybe have a time every day
or at least every week when those of us who can, join an IM channel to
help out anyone (including ourselves) editing docs.

Maybe a little mention each week of the best new docstring - or
highlight a good old one if there aren't enough new ones (or the
person judging did all the writing !) - with some feedback on what's
good about it.

Sorry if you've thought of these...

See you,

Matthew