[SciPy-Dev] Documenting distributions, advice?

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Jul 6 13:59:41 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> Tue, 06 Jul 2010 09:08:35 -0700, David Goldsmith wrote:
> > At Josef's request, I marked all the distributions unimportant - he
> > asked that they not be worked on for the time being.  Josef, would you
> > still prefer people to leave these alone for now?
>
> I think this only concerns the doc editor.

Here's the thread:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/13298/match=josef+may+25+2010

At best, IMO, it is unclear what Josef meant vis-a-vis not editing the
distribution docstrings in the Wiki vs. at all; I would ask that people be
conservative in interpreting his request, i.e., refrain from touching them,
'til he has had a chance to clarify his intent.

DG

> The docstrings can of course be worked on, if one just edits them
> directly in the sources, and e.g., submits patches or Git branches. Here
> we just have to fall back to ye olde way of doing things at the moment.
>
> --
> Pauli Virtanen

by Robert Graves)