[SciPy-Dev] scipy error compiling csr_wrap under Python 2.7

Vincent Davis vincent@vincentdavis....
Thu Jul 8 08:50:25 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:33 AM, Ralf Gommers
>> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > If this is easy to fix on linux (and someone comes up with that fix) it
>> > makes sense to do so. On OS X the problems are more serious and it looks
>> > like they require changes to numpy.distutils first, so it's not going to
>> > work with numpy 1.4.1 in any case. So full support for 2.7 on all
>> > platforms
>> > is not going to happen for the 0.8.0 release.
>>
>> Not that I know what I am doing but I do have recent numpy and scipy
>> installed on oxs running py2.7. I did use numscon and installed 64bit,
>> I get 4 errors and 2 failures. Lots of warnings, "Warning: invalid
>> value encountered in absolute" not sure what those are about.
>>
> Those errors are all known, so all seems fine. How did you install Python
> 2.7? I see your python says it's compiled with gcc 4.2, while I remember my
> scipy builds picking up 4.0 by default.

Well it was not skill or knowledge :-) pure blind trial and error but
it seems simple now.
for python 2.7 from source
./configure --with-universal-archs=64-bit
--enable-universalsdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
--enable-framework
then make, make install

I have been taking notes so I can repeat it. More details here (numpy, scipy)
http://vincentdavis.net/installing-python

By the way what are "Warning: invalid value encountered in absolute"
warnings I tried to find out more but didn't find much.
Vincent