[SciPy-Dev] Function of the :mod: wiki function

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jul 10 16:22:20 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jason Grout <jason-sage@creativetrax.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 7/9/10 6:48 PM, David Goldsmith wrote:
>> > In docstrings like that for numpy.fft, which in edit mode begins:
>> >
>> > Discrete Fourier Transform (:mod:`numpy.fft`)
>> > =================================
>> >
>> > what's the function of the :mod:?  All it seems to do on being
>> > rendered by the Wiki is generate a link back to it's own document.
>> >

>> For reference, here is a list of things like :mod:
>>
>> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/inline.html
>>
>> (you probably already knew that, though)
>
> No, I didn't thanks.  That page indicates these things are to be used for
> *cross*-referencing, i.e., what we're using single backticks for; my guess
> is that someone used the :mod: before all our mark-up policies were
> settled.  So, I'm removing it; if someone later explains to me why it should
> be there, I'll put it back in.

don't remove them from the package titles, I think you are destroying
the module index

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/modindex.html

Josef