[SciPy-Dev] Function of the :mod: wiki function

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jul 10 16:27:41 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 5:22 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, David Goldsmith
> <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jason Grout <jason-sage@creativetrax.com>
>> wrote:

>>> For reference, here is a list of things like :mod:
>>>
>>> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/inline.html
>>>
>>> (you probably already knew that, though)
>>
>> No, I didn't thanks.  That page indicates these things are to be used for
>> *cross*-referencing, i.e., what we're using single backticks for; my guess
>> is that someone used the :mod: before all our mark-up policies were
>> settled.  So, I'm removing it; if someone later explains to me why it should
>> be there, I'll put it back in.
>
> don't remove them from the package titles, I think you are destroying
> the module index
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/modindex.html

If you are only talking about numpy, then the module index looks
different (numpy.doc.xxx seem to be automodules)
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/modindex.html

I thought only about the scipy docs, and I don't know the structure of
the numpy docs very well.

Josef