[SciPy-Dev] Function of the :mod: wiki function

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Sat Jul 10 17:21:53 CDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, David Goldsmith
> <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Jason Grout <
> jason-sage@creativetrax.com>
> > wrote:

> >> For reference, here is a list of things like :mod:
> >>
> >> http://sphinx.pocoo.org/markup/inline.html
> >>
> >> (you probably already knew that, though)
> >
> > No, I didn't thanks.  That page indicates these things are to be used for
> > *cross*-referencing, i.e., what we're using single backticks for; my
> guess
> > is that someone used the :mod: before all our mark-up policies were
> > settled.  So, I'm removing it; if someone later explains to me why it
> should
> > be there, I'll put it back in.
>
> don't remove them from the package titles, I think you are destroying
> the module index
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/modindex.html

Ah, OK, this is the info I was looking for: they do serve a (non-circular)
function I was unaware of.  Thanks, I'll leave them in; is there any way to
remove their link nature in the Wiki so that others don't make the same
mistake again in the future, (i.e., think that they're creating a redundant
circular reference and thus remove them)?

DG

> Josef
>

> > DG
> >

> >> Jason

> > --
> > Mathematician: noun, someone who disavows certainty when their
> uncertainty
> > set is non-empty, even if that set has measure zero.
> >
> > Hope: noun, that delusive spirit which escaped Pandora's jar and, with
> her
> > lies, prevents mankind from committing a general suicide.  (As
> interpreted
> > by Robert Graves)

by Robert Graves)