[SciPy-Dev] Opinions re: duplication of content

Sun Jul 11 03:59:47 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 4:58 AM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>wrote:

> numpy.fft has a lengthy, referenced "Background" section on DFT's in
> general; opinions, please, re: duplicating vs. referencing that content in
> scipy.fftpack.basic.

The content in numpy.fft looks fine to me, and I don't see it duplicated in
scipy.fftpack.basic either in svn or the wiki. Can you be more precise?

  (If someone explicitly downloads/installs only scipy, do they have full
> local access to all numpy doc?)  Thanks!

Scipy doesn't work without numpy, so yes.

Cheers,
Ralf