[SciPy-Dev] scikits contribution?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Jul 14 17:11:55 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@vcn.com> wrote:
> I have to say this has become a lot more involved than I initially expected.
>  Simpler procedures and better "howto" documentation would be helpful for
> sideline contributors like myself.  Maybe this will improve after the move
> to github?

Absolutely.  No one has really stepped up to own the scikits overall
project/structure per se.  Some of the documentation is out-of-date
and it has changed some from what it was originally conceived.
Hopefully, over the next year someone will step forward and help with
this aspect of the project.

If you are considering moving to git/github, but haven't used it yet,
you may want to wait a week or so.  We will be adding instructions on
how to use it for numpy, which may be helpful to you as well.

Best,
Jarrod