[SciPy-Dev] potential scikits package

Gökhan Sever gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Jul 14 23:52:04 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Thomas Robitaille <
thomas.robitaille@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually wrote this for astronomers originally, and advertised it on the
> astropy mailing list, but I think this could be useful for other fields
> too...

Indeed they do --in atmospheric sciences. I have been using it to verify and
compare IDL and Python produced identical cloud model results. Placing this
package in scipy.io is a good idea to combine basic external data
interfacing options in one main place along with other functions.

--
Gökhan