[SciPy-Dev] IDL .sav file reader for scipy.io

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille@gmail....
Sun Jul 25 08:10:36 CDT 2010

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a message to this list ('potential scikits package') asking whether a package I have developed to read IDL .sav files would be useful to have as a scikits package, but several people suggested it should go into scipy.io directly. Since then, I've been working with Matthew Brett to get the package into a suitable form for inclusion in scipy.io (adding unit tests, docstrings, style changes, ...). We now think it's almost ready to be included. Would anyone else have time to look over the package to review it? The latest version is available here:

http://idlsave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/idlsave/trunk/idlsave/

and I have also attached a (small) tarball to this email.

Thanks,

Tom