[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Jun 1 00:26:54 CDT 2010

Hi,

> I do like a more "free-wheeling" style to code development than one that is bogged down with "rules" and "procedures".

Well - but that is because you don't maintenance.   Imagine a
maintainer puts in a lot of effort to make the code well-documented
and tested.  Then, you have put in new code that has neither
documentation nor tests.    As a good maintainer, it's really painful
for them that there's new code without documentation or tests.   They
can only feel abused in that situation, because it seems as if you are
expecting them to clean up after you - without asking.

I'm offering this only as an explanation for why this situation can
get people pretty pissed.

See you,

Matthew