[SciPy-Dev] Development process (was: scipy.stats)

Vincent Davis vincent@vincentdavis....
Tue Jun 1 08:32:32 CDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Travis Oliphant
<oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:

> How many people interested in this discussion will be at SciPy this year?  It may be a good idea to have a discussion about this at the conference.    We could phone conference others in as well so that every voice can be heard.

I think it should be done here on the list. This makes it easier for
all to review and refer back to. Also makes it more open, NOT that you
are trying to do it behind closed doors.

> I do think we need to address this issue.   I did not realize I was offending people with my enthusiasm for having a chance to work on SciPy.   I have always resisted too much "procedure" and "policy" so that it becomes difficult for people to contribute.    I really think technology changes and DVCS can help with this process.

I am all for DVCS.

(I posted this on another thread but it is more appropriate here or
maybe I just want to repeat myself :) )
The diversity of perspective as to who has done what and more
importantly if it was right or ok to do seems to imply that there is
lack of clear roles/policies.  If there was it seems that we could
hope there would not be this diversity in perspectives.