[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jun 1 14:25:36 CDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 11:59, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it hasn't been long enough, but I note two things at this point:
>
> 0) No one has disputed that we have (and have had for some amount of time,
> i.e., it didn't go into affect yesterday) a standing policy that new code
> submissions are supposed to have passing tests and a Standard-compliant
> docstring *before* being checked-in, and

We have had many discussions around unit testing and code review, but
the fact is that there is no such policy.  Whether that should change
or not is another question.

> 1) No one has indicated a specific place where this (or any other standing
> policy) may be found for reference.

Developer guidelines may be found here:

 http://projects.scipy.org/scipy
 http://projects.scipy.org/numpy

Ideally, all the guidelines should be checked in to the repo under
numpy/docs (the documentation guidelines, for example, already are).

Regards
Stéfan