[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jun 1 14:31:55 CDT 2010

2010/6/1 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>:
>> 0) No one has disputed that we have (and have had for some amount of time,
>> i.e., it didn't go into affect yesterday) a standing policy that new code
>> submissions are supposed to have passing tests and a Standard-compliant
>> docstring *before* being checked-in, and
>
> We have had many discussions around unit testing and code review, but
> the fact is that there is no such policy.  Whether that should change
> or not is another question.

Looks like I read your message too hastily.  I meant to comment on a
policy surrounding addition of tests and code review.

By the way, you'll notice that we have *guidelines*, not policy.  I
think that this is an important indicator of the way that SciPy
development takes place (we agree by consensus and help each other
out, rather than enforcing restrictions).

If our guidelines may be modified to benefit one another so that we
may all enjoy working on SciPy, that would be a good thing.

Regards
Stéfan