[SciPy-Dev] Clarification: is the Extended Summary section optional?

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Jun 1 15:32:20 CDT 2010

The docstring Standard seems to be careful to note which sections are
considered optional, and the "Extended Summary" is *not* on that list.
However, I'm encountering many SciPy docstrings in the Wiki lacking this
section and yet marked as "Needs review": should I ignore this deficiency
and add a ticket to clarify the Standard, or should such docstrings be moved
back to "Being written"?

DG

by Robert Graves)