[SciPy-Dev] git on windows (was: scipy.stats)

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Jun 1 15:45:47 CDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 13:31,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, the bottom line is, that documentation for the hg-git interface
> would be very useful for Windows users (or those that think git is a
> strange/unfamiliar concept.)

These interfaces are somewhat dangerous, in the sense that you may
encounter rather untypical scenarios and strange bugs in those tools
(for example, we even have to be careful with git-svn, and that tool
is widely used).

Do you think a clear, simple, numpy/scipy-oriented tutorial could
sufficiently lower the barrier to adoption?  I think the bzr work-flow
you are used to is probably very similar to the one you'd follow with
git.

Regards
Stéfan