[SciPy-Dev] git on windows (was: scipy.stats)

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Jun 1 17:37:09 CDT 2010

2010/6/1 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>

> On 1 June 2010 13:31,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, the bottom line is, that documentation for the hg-git interface
> > would be very useful for Windows users (or those that think git is a
> > strange/unfamiliar concept.)
>
> These interfaces are somewhat dangerous, in the sense that you may
> encounter rather untypical scenarios and strange bugs in those tools
> (for example, we even have to be careful with git-svn, and that tool
> is widely used).
>
> Do you think a clear, simple, numpy/scipy-oriented tutorial could
> sufficiently lower the barrier to adoption?

Is that a rhetorical question?  I don't think there's any doubt that such
would very likely have the stated result.  The question is, is that your way
of offering to write it? :-)

DG

> I think the bzr work-flow
> you are used to is probably very similar to the one you'd follow with
> git.
>
> Regards
> Stéfan

by Robert Graves)