[SciPy-Dev] scipy.stats

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Jun 1 18:48:25 CDT 2010

Hi,

>> I presume that you agree that numpy and scipy code should have
>> documentation and tests.    I presume also that when you commit code
>> without documentation or tests, that you do not usually intend to come
>> back and do these later - say - before the next release.   That means
>> that someone else has to do it.  It will take them a lot longer than
>> it would take you because they don't know the code as well.
>>

> No, that is actually not what I imply but checking something in to the trunk.    I plan to submit tests and docs before the next > release when I commit code.    I don't expect anyone else to do that for me.   I always welcome help, but I don't expect it.

I am sure if people know that that is what you intend, and when DVCS
allows that to happen, no-one will be upset, and we will all return to
our usual mode of being very grateful for all the work that you've
done and are doing.  And - thanks for the clarification - sometimes
things that seem obvious - aren't obvious - and it's good to say them
out loud...

See you,

Matthew