[SciPy-Dev] [SciPy-User] log pdf, cdf, etc

Thu Jun 3 09:19:52 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Travis Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>
> In summary, I see quite a few reasons why this shouldn't go in and don't
> see a compelling reason to release it right now. The 0.9 release is
> (tentatively) planned for September, so you don't have to worry that your
> changes sit in trunk unreleased for 1.5 years.
>

> As the one doing the work of release manager, you have a lot of latitude in
> making this decision, of course.    The compelling reason to release it
> right now is to get the improved features which nobody has actually voiced
> specific concerns about.
>
> Travis, I just removed the code from 0.8.x. It's still in trunk, and with
the tests and docs you added for me that is fine. With a few months to shake
out possible bugs and agree on the API it will be a very useful improvement
for 0.9.

> Suggestions about how to give gamma.fit and beta.fit the docstring of it's
> parent would be appreciated.

How about (I didn't test this):
self.fit.__doc__ = rv_continuous.fit.__doc__

Best regards,
Ralf