[SciPy-Dev] License for parts of CellProfiler changed to BSD to allow incorporation into SciPy

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Thu Jun 3 15:24:04 CDT 2010

Vebjorn,

2010/6/3 Vebjorn Ljosa <ljosa@broad.mit.edu>:
> We have changed the license of some parts of CellProfiler from GNU GPL
> to BSD.  It has previously been proposed [1] that some of the image
> processing code in CellProfiler be merged into SciPy, and the license
> change makes this possible.

Thanks a lot for your effort, and for this highly anticipated outcome!
 At SciPy2010, the scikits.image team will make a concerted effort to
include many of these algorithms into our code-base.

Kind regards
Stéfan