[SciPy-Dev] import error in scipy.stats on RH3 32-bit

Ilan Schnell ilanschnell@gmail....
Thu Jun 3 18:28:05 CDT 2010

I've just found the problem, and it had nothing to do with
checkins that were being made to the 0.8.x branch.

After spending may hours on this problem, I'm now very
happy that I found the problem.  It tured out that the
machine I use to build scipy on RH3 32-bit had it's
clock set in the past.  So the new brach source tarball
I made (which is being used on all the build machines),
had timestamps which appeared to be in the future on
that machine.  I'm not sure why exactly timestamps in
the future can cause problems when building scipy,
but after setting the clock on the machine things work
fine now.  So it was only by accident this happend on
RH3 32-bit, it might have been any other system as well.

- Ilan