[SciPy-Dev] signal.ltisys test crashes on windows

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri Jun 4 09:20:01 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The offending test, (0, 3, 3) of:
>
> class TestSS2TF:
>     def tst_matrix_shapes(self, p, q, r):
>         ss2tf(np.zeros((p, p)),
>               np.zeros((p, q)),
>               np.zeros((r, p)),
>               np.zeros((r, q)), 0)
>
>     def test_basic(self):
>         for p, q, r in [
>             (3, 3, 3),
>             (0, 3, 3),
>             (1, 1, 1)]:
>             yield self.tst_matrix_shapes, p, q, r
>

> The 0 causes an empty array to be passed to ss2tf, which crashes the
> interpreter on Windows XP for both 2.5 and 2.6. Is the empty array really
> what was intended with this test?

replace

>             (0, 3, 3),
 by
>             (1, 3, 3),

We had a recent threads about this, and the crash is avoided with
numpy trunk (raises an exception instead)

But I don't think the empty array is an appropriate test.

Josef