[SciPy-Dev] Working on the docstring for stats.distributions.rv_continuous.fit

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Tue Jun 15 19:38:46 CDT 2010

Hi!  IMHO, the descriptions of the *args & **kwds parameters of the
Subject-referenced method are not very clear, so let me see if I understand
correctly:

*args : float(s), optional
    If the distribution in question depends on n parameters, _excluding
location and scale_, then *args may contain 0 to n floats, which are
starting estimates for the corresponding parameters.  No default value(s).

**kwds _may_ contain the following:

loc : float, optional
    Starting estimate for the location parameter, no default.

scale : float, optional
    Starting estimate for the scale parameter, no default.

floc : bool, optional
    Hold the location parameter constant; default: False.

fscale : bool, optional
    Hold the scale parameter constant; default: False

fi : bool, optional
    Hold the i-th scale parameter constant; there may be up to len(args) of
these; default: False

Is this correct?  Thanks!

DG