[SciPy-Dev] stats.nanstd interface

Bruce Southey bsouthey@gmail....
Wed Jun 16 09:02:22 CDT 2010

On 06/16/2010 07:55 AM, Angus McMorland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just updated the docstring for scipy.stats.nanstd to the new
> docstring standard's format. I wonder if, for consistency of
> interface, we should consider changing it to use a `ddof` parameter,
> as numpy's std function does, instead of its current `bias` boolean
> parameter. I'm aware that there are deprecation/API implications
> associated with this, but I'm not sure what the specifics of those
> are.
>
> Angus.

Please file a ticket for it.
Can you please add all the differences between the signature between
numpy's version and this version?
In particular, the default axis of stats.nanstd is zero compared to None.
It also lacks the dtype argument.

Really the function needs at least a rewrite unless numpy can provide
same functionality.

Bruce