[SciPy-Dev] Updated codata.py

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Wed Jun 16 09:47:40 CDT 2010

Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:19:53 -0600, Vincent Davis wrote:
[clip]
>> Note that for some reason you have a lot of branches in your Github
>> repo. I'd perhaps suggest doing
>
> Ok I think this is the same as the list of the branches from scipy-work
> that I cloned.

This behavior from Github is a bit strange, then. If you just clone with
"git clone", you don't get any extra local branches in your repo, and it
would make sense for the "Fork" button on the website to work in the same
way.

But anyway it's good practice not to keep zombie branches around that
you're not working or going to work on.

The command

	git push origin :BRANCH

removes the BRANCH given from the remote repository, and needs to be done
separately for each branch you want to remove.

> I thought this was being updated regularly from the svn.

None of the Numpy/Scipy repositories on Github are updated regularly. The
automatically updating ones are here:

	http://projects.scipy.org/git/

--
Pauli Virtanen