[SciPy-Dev] Use of MATLAB (R): A compromise proposal

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Sat Jun 19 18:43:36 CDT 2010

Here's a compromise proposal, based on the fact that, according to a
Wiki-search of the SciPy docstrings for "matlab," there are hundreds of
occurrences, but only 12 *not* in a sub-object of scipy.io.matlab:

0) In those 12, we use MATLAB (R),

1) In scipy.io.matlab we use Matthew's proposal,

2) Everywhere else, we ignore the (R) issue, and change anything different
from MATLAB (i.e., all caps) to that only if/when it's convenient, i.e., if
the docstring is being edited for some other reason _and_ the editor
remembers to do it, i.e., we don't really worry about it (too much)
otherwise.

DG