[SciPy-Dev] More doc Marathon prioritization

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za@gmail....
Tue Jun 22 08:59:28 CDT 2010

>On 22 June 2010 14:33, Warren Weckesser <warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
> I asked about "package/info.py" and "doc/source/package.rst" back in April:
>
>    http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2010-April/014065.html
>
> My conclusion at that time was that both had to be maintained, despite
> the apparent duplication.

Perhaps it's best to focus documentation improvements on
"doc/source/package.rst" until this issue can be resolved. The result
of processing "doc/source/package.rst" is what currently ends up at
http://docs.scipy.org and "faces the world".

As far as I can see, it looks like the contents of "package/info.py"
will need to be maintained by hand. Unless Sphinx processing becomes
part of the regular build process? However, I doubt  that complicating
the build would be worth avoiding the maintenance effort.

In any case, I don't think the content in "package/info.py" and
"doc/source/package.rst" needs to contain an excessive amount of
explanation and narrative - that surely belongs in
"doc/source/tutorial/package.rst"?

Cheers,
Scott