[SciPy-Dev] Accuracy of single-precision FFT

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Fri Jun 25 09:28:44 CDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Supporting only MKL is not an option, since even if we managed to secure
> ourselves a redistribution license, it will disturb our redistribution
> chain because all third party packagers [eg. Python(x,y), Linux
> distributions] would also need a license of their own. Moreover,
> developers would also need to grab a copy of MKL etc...

Not to mention, if MKL were required then GPL'ed projects could not
legally use SciPy.  (Plus it would annoy the FOSS zealots who would
really rather not use a proprietary library at all. (Like me.))

-- Nathaniel