[SciPy-Dev] function that are duplicates of numpy, such as scipy.special.basic.log

Benjamin Root ben.root@ou....
Tue Jun 29 00:10:23 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM, David <david@silveregg.co.jp> wrote:

> On 06/29/2010 01:50 PM, Vincent Davis wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Vincent Davis
> > <vincent@vincentdavis.net>  wrote:
> >> Is there a reason to keep function such as scipy.special.basic.log()
> >> that appears to duplicate numpy.log()
> >
> > I like talking to myself, I see that this is exactly numpy.log()
> >
> > But why do this? (seriously is there a reason I don't see)?
>
> In most cases, this is historical. The code you are looking at is almost
> a decade old, where numpy was something else that it is now.
>
> cheers,

So, wouldn't that be justification enough to begin a deprecation process for
it?  These are the sort of edges that needs to get polished in scipy/numpy.

Ben Root