[SciPy-Dev] Doc error in scipy.optimize.fmin and missing info in ref guide

Tue Mar 16 10:16:53 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:22 AM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:50 AM, David Goldsmith <
> d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> This is *very* bizarre: in View mode, Other parameters is displayed
> before
> >> Returns, but in the edit frame in Edit mode, Returns is displayed above
> >> Other parameters, but then if I preview, the preview displays it
> >> incorrectly, even though in the edit frame, it's still correct!!!  Can
> >> someone verify this on another platform/in another browser, please?
> (Mine:
> >> Windows Vista, Firefox 3.6).  Thanks!
> >>
> > Not that bizarre. The rendered version simply always looks the same, and
> > assumes that Other Params belongs before instead of after Returns. The
> doc
> > standard simply disagrees with pydocweb here. I don't have a strong
> opinion
> > on which one is preferable, but it should be fixed.
>
> Independent of the display, the other parameters section doesn't show
> up in the html docs.

Yes that seems to be a bug. I added this to the related pydocweb problem
with section ordering here:
http://code.google.com/p/pydocweb/issues/detail?id=45

> The only example that I found in numpy is recarrays, there the
> sequence is reversed but it also doesn't show up in the html
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.core.records.recarray/
>

> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.recarray.html?highlight=recarray#numpy.recarray
>
> There's an issue with section headers there as well because recarray is a
class and is not supposed to have a Returns section. So don't think that
tells you anything.

Cheers,
Ralf