[SciPy-Dev] [fwrap-users] Work on fwrap and SciPy

David david@silveregg.co...
Wed Nov 3 19:58:59 CDT 2010

On 11/04/2010 06:00 AM, Kurt Smith wrote:

>>   c) fwrap does not support g77, only Fortran 90 compilers like
>> gfortran/ifort etc. For the purposes of the .NET port this is likely to be
>> good enough. Before a merge with the main CPython branch one must perhaps
>> look into implementing g77 support in fwrap. I know that David C. at least
>> earlier stated that g77 support is not going away anytime soon. Feedback on
>> this welcome.

G77 is still the "standard" fortran compiler on significant platforms
(mingw and RHEL/Centos). Could you quickly explain why g77 is not usable
with fwrap ? Would it take a long time to add support (if that is even
possible) ?

cheers,

David