[SciPy-Dev] [fwrap-users] Work on fwrap and SciPy

David Warde-Farley wardefar@iro.umontreal...
Wed Nov 3 23:10:48 CDT 2010

On 2010-11-03, at 11:31 PM, Kurt Smith wrote:

> g77 support is certainly possible, given sufficient effort.  I am in
> favor of it, but someone else will have to do it (I'm happy to pitch
> in, of course).  It will require a good deal of work that I can't
> justify given my requirements for the tool.

There's also the issue (correct me if this has changed since we spoke in Austin, Kurt) that Fwrap isn't gfortran 4.2 compatible, yet on OS X the recommended binary distribution of gfortran for SciPy is a 4.2 build. I recall Robert saying at some point that building a 100% correctly working gfortran (on OS X, at least?) is a nightmare. So there's that hurdle to deal with somehow when Fwrap starts getting used for SciPy.

David