[SciPy-Dev] schedule for scipy 0.9.0

Fri Nov 12 09:45:39 CST 2010

Hi all,

I'm interested to hear what you think about releasing scipy 0.9.0 in
the near future, and if you have any things that should go in or be
fixed for 0.9.0. If we want to keep to a ~6 month release schedule
then we should branch around the end of this month and have a final
release in January.

As far as I can tell trunk is in good shape, and we have more then
enough bug fixes, test and documentation improvements to make this a
solid release. Plus of course the highlight - Python 3 compatibility.

Some things to be done:
- resolve a few test failures, as reported recently by Bruce
- clean up a lot of noise in the test output
- merge work done in the doc wiki
- (for the very brave) have a look at the state of our bug tracker

Cheers,
Ralf