[SciPy-Dev] FIR filter design - patch attached to ticket #457

Sat Nov 13 18:53:29 CST 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Warren Weckesser <
> warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
>
>> For any of you interested in FIR filter design, feedback on the patch in
>> ticket #457 (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/457) would be
>> appreciated.
>>

> What about negative frequencies? Do you want to limit yourself to real
> filters? I expect yes ;) But at some point I want to add my version of the
> Remez algorithm which I use to design complex filters and it would be nice
> to have a ready made template for the interface.

Also, I've always found it easier to design with actual frequencies rather
than setting the sampling frequency to 1. The conversion isn't difficult,
but it is repetitive and usually required which makes it something the
software should do. Most filter specs are in frequency and it just makes
life easier.

Chuck