[SciPy-Dev] deprecations/removals for 0.9.0

Tue Nov 23 09:21:38 CST 2010

Hi all,

Here is a reminder that if you want to deprecate things for 0.9.0, to do
that in the next two weeks. Furthermore, I took a look at currently
deprecated things that should be removed. Below is a long list, I believe
that all items on it have been deprecated long enough that they can be
removed. Please check and if something can *not* be removed, say so in the
next few days.

Also, if you deprecate more things, please state in the source code (as well
as in the release notes) at what version removal should take place. Which
reminds me: what should the version number after 0.9.0 be?

Cheers,
Ralf

REMOVALS

Stats
-----
pdf_moments
pdfapprox
zs
stderr
samplestd
std
var
samplevar
mean
median
cov
corrcoef
erfc

Sparse
------
spkron
speye
spidentity
dims and nzmax keywords in _sc_matrix constructor

Sparse matrix methods:
getdata
rowcol
listprint
matvec
matmat
dot
rmatvec

Ndimage
-------
output_type keyword in interpolate.py

Linalg
------
the econ keyword in qr

Signal
------
a whole bunch of stuff that I assume Warren is going to clean.