[SciPy-Dev] deprecations/removals for 0.9.0

Wed Nov 24 23:08:30 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a reminder that if you want to deprecate things for 0.9.0, to do
> that in the next two weeks. Furthermore, I took a look at currently
> deprecated things that should be removed. Below is a long list, I believe
> that all items on it have been deprecated long enough that they can be
> removed. Please check and if something can *not* be removed, say so in the
> next few days.
>
> Also, if you deprecate more things, please state in the source code (as
> well as in the release notes) at what version removal should take place.
> Which reminds me: what should the version number after 0.9.0 be?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf
>

> REMOVALS
>
> Stats
> -----
> pdf_moments
> pdfapprox
> zs
> stderr
> samplestd
> std
> var
> samplevar
> mean
> median
> cov
> corrcoef
> erfc
>
> Sparse
> ------
> spkron
> speye
> spidentity
> dims and nzmax keywords in _sc_matrix constructor
>
> Sparse matrix methods:
> getdata
> rowcol
> listprint
> matvec
> matmat
> dot
> rmatvec
>

> Ndimage
> -------
> output_type keyword in interpolate.py
>
> Linalg
> ------
> the econ keyword in qr
>
> Signal
> ------
> a whole bunch of stuff that I assume Warren is going to clean.

I dealt with some deprecated features in r6897-r6900 and r6929.

One outstanding issue appears to be the "old_behavior" issue with convolve,
convolve2d, correlate and correlate2d.  David C, if you're out there, I
noticed that the last change to signaltools.py is r5878, whose comment is
"Add old_behavior arg for convolve2d and correlate2d (not fully implemented
yet)."  A problem related to this was reported in ticket #1301 (
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1301).   Are you planning on any more
changes?  If not, could someone familiar with this issue finish up whatever
needs to be done?

Are there other deprecated features in scipy.signal?

Warren