[SciPy-Dev] ARPACK fixes before 0.9
Sat Nov 27 10:33:59 CST 2010
The Arpack interface in Scipy needs some fixes, which would be useful to
get in for Scipy 0.9. I have them in a branch here:
Comments would be appreciated (esp. from David who wrote the original
interface). I'm going to merge them probably the next W/E unless
- Raise ArpackNoConvergence when ARPACK iteration does not converge.
Previously, there was no way to know if convergence was obtained.
- Fix a bug in return value extraction from dneupd, which resulted
to invalid eigenvectors/eigenvalues being returned on non-convergence.
- Allow complex matrices in the sparse SVD. It's a naive approach,
but probably still better than nothing.
- Rename routines eigen* -> eigs* to avoid shadowing the "eigen" module.
"eigs" is also the name for the equivalent routines in Octave/Matlab.
- Remove the ``speigs`` ARPACK interface. It does not seem to make sense
two have two different interfaces to the same library.
- Un-deprecate .dot() method of sparse matrixes -- ndarrays also have
it, so it makes sense to retain it.
More information about the SciPy-Dev