[SciPy-Dev] deprecations/removals for 0.9.0

Sun Nov 28 03:14:45 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a reminder that if you want to deprecate things for 0.9.0, to do
> that in the next two weeks. Furthermore, I took a look at currently
> deprecated things that should be removed. Below is a long list, I believe
> that all items on it have been deprecated long enough that they can be
> removed. Please check and if something can *not* be removed, say so in the
> next few days.
>
> Also, if you deprecate more things, please state in the source code (as
> well as in the release notes) at what version removal should take place.
> Which reminds me: what should the version number after 0.9.0 be?
>

> Changes for ndimage, linalg and sparse are at
https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/commits/deprecations. I have not touched
the sparse matrix methods yet, since Matthieu had a question on those and
Pauli has un-deprecated one already in his arpack branch.

Changes for stats are at https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/tree/stats-work.
There are also several small bugfixes and the new kendalltau implementation
in that branch, if anyone is interested to review.

Cheers,
Ralf