[SciPy-Dev] deprecations/removals for 0.9.0

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sun Nov 28 05:43:42 CST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is a reminder that if you want to deprecate things for 0.9.0, to do
>> that in the next two weeks. Furthermore, I took a look at currently
>> deprecated things that should be removed. Below is a long list, I believe
>> that all items on it have been deprecated long enough that they can be
>> removed. Please check and if something can *not* be removed, say so in the
>> next few days.
>>
>> Also, if you deprecate more things, please state in the source code (as
>> well as in the release notes) at what version removal should take place.
>> Which reminds me: what should the version number after 0.9.0 be?
>>

> Changes for ndimage, linalg and sparse are at
> https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/commits/deprecations. I have not touched
> the sparse matrix methods yet, since Matthieu had a question on those and
> Pauli has un-deprecated one already in his arpack branch.
>
> Changes for stats are at https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/tree/stats-work.
> There are also several small bugfixes and the new kendalltau implementation
> in that branch, if anyone is interested to review.

I just read through your change sets, and I think they are good

removing printcc is more than the ticket asks for
https://github.com/rgommers/scipy/commit/3eb3bd08ddbc1950fbedcb5e68f5f5960cc1c080

printcc is a useful function, getting a nice string/print for a list
of list was important when arrays where not used,  but I don't think
anything is using it, and it doesn't really fit in. So, I think it can
as well be removed completely.

I haven't looked at how the z, zs removal should be reflected in mstats.

Thanks,

Josef