[SciPy-Dev] matlab reading / writing changes - review anyone?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Tue Oct 12 15:22:15 CDT 2010

Hi,

In the spirit of the development workflow discussions on the numpy
list - I'd be very grateful for a review of changes I've made to the
matlab reader.

The changes are to:

a) Allow the reader to read some malformed files that matlab is able to read
b) Prevent the writer needlessly up-casting some numpy array types
(uint8, uint32)

I'm sorry - I probably have probably made the comparison a little too
large to be taken in in an instant, but I'd be very grateful for
feedback before merge.

http://github.com/matthew-brett/scipy-work/compare/master...mio-read-fix

Thanks,

Matthew