[SciPy-Dev] QR-decomposition with Q but not Q

Sturla Molden sturla@molden...
Fri Aug 12 13:01:05 CDT 2011

Den 12.08.2011 09:07, skrev Martin Teichmann:

> so, I'm working on the Marquard-Levenberg fitting algorithm, and
> indeed, I need not much more than least-squares solving. In princple,
> I think, I could use the LAPACK routines for that.

Levenberg-Marquard is better implemented with LAPACK method DGELS than
using QR manually. Also consider that scipy already has
Levenberg-Marquard in scipy.optimize.leastsq, which is a wrapper for
MINPACK routines LMDER and LMDIF.

Sturla