[SciPy-Dev] Target date for 0.10 release

Thu Aug 18 01:58:51 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:13 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:08:12 -0500, Warren Weckesser wrote:
> > Just checking: the roadmap (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/roadmap)
> > says Sept. 30 for the release of 0.10.  Is that still the plan?
>
> Possibly -- there are already some new features and bugfixes.

The 0.10 release notes are still a bit sparse. A few things that should be
in there but aren't yet:
- Lomb-Scargle periodogram
- firwin types III/IV
- update to CODATA 2010
- deprecated lib.blas & some cleanup in linalg.blas

There are also quite a few open pull requests. Here are some that I think
are in good shape and would be good to merge before a first beta:

4: more stable BLAS routines for euclidean norm
11: support for Harwell-Boeing format
21: discrete state-space, transfer function and LTI systems
35: add description of public API and import guidelines
48: chkfinite flags for linalg functions
52: logit/expit functions

> However,
> the crash-bugs that occur in the iterative solvers on OSX (but not on
> other platforms) in my opinion are a blocker that should be solved
> before release.

Agreed.

Ralf