[SciPy-Dev] Move to git?

Anthony Scopatz scopatz@gmail....
Mon Mar 7 13:45:11 CST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Pim Schellart <P.Schellart@astro.ru.nl>
> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > shortly before the release of version 0.9 it was suggested that SciPy
> development would move to git for 0.10.
>
> I think it was more than a suggestion: it seemed to me that most
> developers agreed (or did not say anything).
>
> I think Pauli has already everything to convert the svn to git - I
> think we just need to decide on a date to do it, block svn for a
> couple of hours and publish the git repo.

Yup, I think this is the situation as well.  As far as picking a date, about
a month ago we talked about setting it for right after 0.9 was released.
 That ship sailed.

Personally, I would have no problem with just saying "tomorrow".  However,
realistically, this sort of thing should happen on a Friday, so that we have
the weekend to recover in case something goes seriously wrong.

Now, given that *this* Friday is PyCon, it will probably have to be Friday
March 18th.  Does anyone have any objections to doing the official transfer
then?  If not, we should announce this date on its own thread today or
tomorrow.  (I'll be happy to do so.)

Be Well
Anthony