[SciPy-Dev] My first steps with the github workflow -- ticket #1328

Wed Mar 9 17:57:00 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM, <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Warren Weckesser
> <warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
> > As a test of my understanding of the github workflow, I put a possible
> fix
> > for ticket #1328 (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1328) here:
> >
> >     https://github.com/WarrenWeckesser/scipy/tree/ticket1328
> >
> > Comments welcome.
>
> I don`t have access to my scipy.org password nor to python right now,
> so just a question here
>
> Is there a reason why these functions are not vectorized?

You'd have to ask the original author--Damian Eads, I think.

> >From the changes it looks like they could also easily take a 2d array
> and calculate row- or column-wise distances instead of being raveled.

Sure, that's possible.  There could even be an n-d generalization that uses
broadcasting and takes an 'axis' keyword.  Patches--err, github
branches--welcome. :)

That does remind me that if we keep the 'ravel' version, I need to update
the docstrings to explain that.

Warren