[SciPy-Dev] Git Push

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Mar 31 18:11:28 CDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 18:04, Joshua Grant <joshua.m.grant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. I've made some commits and would like to push them back into the
> repository at github.com/scipy/scipy.git but I'm getting and error of
> "error: Cannot access URL https://github.com/scipy/scipy/, return code 22".
>
> Do I have to push to check in changes? And if so, any ideas? Thanks.

You should probably clone the SSH repo rather than the HTTPS repo.
Have you been given commit privileges? It would probably be best to
fork scipy to your own github account, make your changes in a branch
there, and then make a pull request so the changes can be reviewed.
You can take a look at IPython's guide to development for an idea of
how to do this (just replace the URLs appropriately):

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/nightly/html/development/gitwash/git_development.html

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."