[SciPy-Dev] numpy with dynamil python

Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz grzegorz10brzeczyszczykiewicz@gmail....
Tue Oct 11 04:27:47 CDT 2011

Hi

first of all I'm not sure of writeing on this mailing list. The description
looked closest to nature of my problem. Soo if y question should be on other
mailing ling please let me know and I will post it where it should be :).

I need to compile numpy to use python as dynamic library. When you are
compiling python from sources, usualy it builds libpython.2.X.a. I had build
python2.X.so. My app uses it, the ldd command shows that app is loading
libpytho2.X.so. Unfortunatly I have tried using -L and -l in setup.py scipr
to add location of my lib and -python2.X flag to gcc. After the build numpy
does not load the libpython SO file. For instance this shows ldd on
multiarray.so:

    linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00f90000)
    libm.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libm.so.6 (0x0033f000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0x00632000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0x00a8e000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00952000)

Is there an easy way to tell numpy on build to use libpython2.X.so?

Thx for your time :)
Greg