[SciPy-Dev] tplquad alternative

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Oct 29 11:27:00 CDT 2011

29.10.2011 15:14, Vladímir Rodríguez kirjoitti:
> I have a working alternative to tplquad which I builded from
> http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=155785&dl=ACM&coll=DL&CFID=66021551&CFTOKEN=74592904
> via F2PY. For testing aim you can use Scilab's int3d function (also
> from this code), I found it faster and smarter.
> How can we include it in standart Scipy library?

Not possible. ACM owns the copyright of software published in its TOMS
magazine, and the ACM software license allows use "solely for academic,
research and other similar noncommercial uses".

    http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/softwarecrnotice

Such software cannot be included in Scipy.

Scilab, or anyone who uses Scilab in a commercial setting, is actually
violating the copyright of the ACM if it includes this code.

--
Pauli Virtanen